Friday, January 31, 2014

Kijiji Makes the World Go 'Round

To be quite honest, I'm a bit surprised that no one commented on the table that appeared in last week's post about adding character to the dining room. I'm going to assume that's because you were all too astounded by my DIY trim skills to notice ;)


I'd been on the hunt for a round glass dining table pretty much since the day I moved into this condo. The 3'x5' rectangular table I had been using (you can catch a glimpse of it in this post) was a great piece, but it crowded the island breakfast bar just behind. It was also a tight squeeze to get in & out the balcony door.

I've circled the dining area/breakfast bar on the floor plan below for better clarity. It's funny how the builder made it look as though there would be plenty of room for a 6-seater table plus stools at the kitchen island. Yeah, right. Maybe with doll furniture:


Over the course of the year, I searched on and off for the right table. It wasn't until I created my 2014 "To-Do" list that I started looking in earnest and found a near perfect table just four days later. I wasn't necessarily looking for a set, but this vintage chrome table, made by Liberty Ornamental Iron of Toronto (60's? 70's?), came with 4 beautifully designed chairs. It's perfect for the space and totally stunning!!


The 56" top being sold with the table was far too big, so I left it behind in exchange for a discount and purchased a 42" glass top from another Kijiji seller. My old rectangular West Elm table is now listed on Kijiji GTA. It's just like a merry go round!

The chairs will need to be recovered in a new fabric, and I'm obsessed with the idea of using a deep yellow velvet. Can you picture it?

7 comments:

  1. i loved your table - killer find. The chairs are slick. .. your whole room rocks. I always scour kijji for large floor lenght mirrors and brass stuff and I never have this kind of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Finding stuff on Kijiji is all about luck, timing, and being persistent. I'm sure eventually you'll find what you're looking for :)

      Delete
  2. It is gorgeous! I am loving watching you work your magic on your place! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barb!! Hopefully I will be able to take the time to sit back & enjoy it when it's all done;)

      Delete
  3. I seriously thought your first photo was from a magazine. It looks gorgeous, Pam! I absolutely LOVE the dark walls and the dining set is such a great find. The deep yellow velvet would really make the chairs pop against the wall. love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy :) This was another lucky find!! Sometimes it all just works out. Next up I'll be on the hunt for the perfect shade of yellow velvet.

      Delete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)