Friday, January 6, 2012

Imagining the Master


The master bedroom should feel like a peaceful, relaxing, comfortable space, where one can shut out the world and unwind. In the new condo, for the first time in my life, I'll have a master suite with a walk in closet and adjoining bath. It's kind of a big deal. I'm thinking about the mood of the room, and to achieve a truly restful space, I prefer that the colours be soft and calming.

The walls will be bathed in Gown
SR9, Para Paints, Sarah Richardson Designer Palette:


A fully upholstered bed will sit against a Chinoiserie
focal wall inspired by Fromental:


The closet interior will be clad in a coat of Dusk
SR39, Para Paints, Sarah Richardson Designer Palette:


Every bedroom needs a seating option, and
this bamboo chair will tuck nicely into the corner:


The chair will shine with a glossy coat of Amethyst
SR54, Sarah Richardson Designer Palette:


The room will be highlighted with warm brass
metals and accents like this brass ceiling fixture:


Ooooohhhh, I can't wait to move in and get started!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This will look absolutely AMAZING!! Can't wait to see it all complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to look amazing!!! Love your colour choices and the wallpaper. And I'm so jealous about your walk-in closet and ensuite - living in an old house I have neither.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your choices! Especially that chair in that colour. It will look great!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)