Tuesday, January 31, 2012

IDS: Rug Roundup

Later this year when I move into the new condo, one of the big ticket purchases will be a large rug for the living room, and maybe a runner for the front hall. Could that explain why I noticed so many rug options during my tour of IDS? You name it: recycled, over-dyed, custom creations, kilims and flat weaves. There are so many wonderful options, how will I ever choose?

Reloaded Rugs from Reznick Carpets.
With a rainbow of saturated colours to choose from,
these rugs
add a vibrant splash to your floors.


Kilim-backed Coco tub chair created by Modallion rugs
in collaboration with Barrymore Furniture.
Who says rugs have to lay flat on the floor?
This is quite possibly the coolest chair of all time.


Wool and silk Prayer Rugs from Modallion.
Designed by Robyn Waffle, the imagery includes
connection, life, faith, after life and spirituality.
Amazing colour - these would be perfect
for a tween or teen room.


Above photo via Modallion

Flat weave rugs from Kate Thornley-Hall,
available in Toronto through Y&Co.
Hand made? Custom colours? Yes, please!!

These rugs will last a lifetime.


Hand made recycled saree rugs from Elte.
Trust me, these rugs are beyond imagination. The colours are from the heavens,
and the silk is soft as warm butter.



The Cherish Toronto rug fund is open for donations, please contact me for more information ;-)

All photos by Pamela Graham for Cherish Toronto except as noted.

3 comments:

  1. I have an old Ikea wool runner that I'm willing to donate. BUT, trust me, you DON'T want it. :-)

    Love all the colour of these rugs.

    BTW - went to InVue last week and got some great deals on fabric remnants - thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,
    Lol. Thanks for the offer. So glad you were able to find some great fabrics at inVU. I heard this week that they are in receivership, which is so sad, the store carries so many amazing fabrics and decor accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the amazing rugs at IDS caught my eye too. My favourites were from Modallion and Elte - those sari rugs are just beyond spectacular! And love that chair - so bummed I missed it in real life.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)