Sunday, October 3, 2010

Status Symbols at Home

As an impressionable teenager in the 1980's, I learned that a person could attain social status by wearing the "right" designer labels. You know the usual suspects: Polo Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Swatch, Tretorn, Ray-Ban. Now that I've reached a certain age, I read a lot more "House & Home" than "Seventeen", but the status symbols still exist, even in home decor.

Exhibit A:
The Hermes Avalon Blanket ($1125 USD)









Calvert Wright
elledecor.com


Fern Simon
elledecor.com


Jennifer Ferreira
Canadian House & Home



Kyle via Knight Moves


The Hermes Avalon blanket makes quite a statement when draped across the arm of a couch or folded at the foot of a bed. Although it may not be the kind of statement we can all afford to make, there is no denying its role as a status symbol in the home.

1 comment:

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)