Friday, April 23, 2010

Home to Flip: Galley Kichen

I love this kitchen!! Peter, I think you did an amazing job in this space. Most people want an open kitchen concept, but I don't do a lot of cooking, and this galley kitchen would be perfect for me. It's compact, it's modern, it's sleek and it's functional. This example proves that bigger is not always better, since because of this kitchen's smaller size, Peter was able to afford high end appliances and finishes. My favourite detail? The glass tile backsplash.



The Before


Photos courtesy of HGTV Canada

2 comments:

  1. I love it when function and beauty fit together so well as they do in this kitchen. The glass tiles bring a reflective quality and make it look bigger. I also like the little cubbies next to the glass cabinet. They are probably there as a filler, but it's a good way to handle the problem. It's good design and that is to be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally,
    I couldn't agree with you more. I'm so glad Peter kept the home's original galley kitchen style. I love the updated sparkly & sleek version, I think it's perfect!!
    I've added a "Before" photo to emphasize the transformation.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)