Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Love You Craig

I think I just fell in love with a man named Craig!! Craig Newmark to be exact, the founder of the oh so popular Craigslist. In fact, he's so great I'm going to try to spend more time with him in the future. Let me tell you how we came to know each other:

In October 2008 I bought this chocolate brown and robin's egg blue area rug which looked great under my dining table...


...But when I purchased this piece of artwork in April 2009, I hung it above the white sideboard in the kitchen where the two pieces totally clashed:


In the end one of them had to go, and the poor rug has been rolled up alongside my bed for the past 10 months. Until today!! Out of sheer boredom I decided to tackle an item on my 2010 "to do" list, so I took photos of the rug and listed it for sale on Craigslist.

Check it:
Rug listed at 1:47 pm.
Received 7 responses over the following 5 hours.
Out the door at 7:30 pm, cash in hand!

Now I'm hunting around the house for other unused items I can list for sale. This could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I have a beautiful red (dragon fly) wing back and some clothes I am going to put on there just never have done it. Congrats to you and so happy you are in love with Craig, a gals got to take love where she can get it huh? :) BTW, love the way the kitchen looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog! just discovered it. nice entries.

    i also miss living in toronto so i hope to see pics of the city :)

    www.chichunters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)