Monday, January 4, 2010

Toronto's Distillery District

Since I probably won't be able to post during my first day in New York City, I'm leaving this Toronto post for you to while I'm absent. Enjoy!!

Just as most people would do, I decided it would be a great idea to go out into a snowstorm on Sunday to get my nails done and do a little shopping. It turns out that it was indeed a perfectly picturesque opportunity to visit Toronto's historic Distillery District. Located just east of Parliament and north of Lakeshore Boulevard, the area features many unique shops and galleries.


BergoDesign is a great store featuring fabulous industrial design products by renowned designers such as Frank Gehry, Karim Rashid, Phillipe Starck. It's a BIG store (32oo square feet) and is a great place to go when you're seeking a gift for the person who has everything.


Distill Gallery features work by emerging Canadian artists. My favourites on this visit were the screen printed cocktail napkins by Toronto designer Avril Loreti.


I stopped for organic fair trade coffee
and a cookie at The Sweet Escape.


The Distillery District:
Highly Recommended!!
Visit the Distillery website for more information.


Photos by CherishToronto

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)