Saturday, January 9, 2010

Canadian Artistic Talent: Avril Loreti

Prior to my recent visit to New York, I had arranged to meet with design blogger Heather Clawson of Habitually Chic. Hoping to find a uniquely Canadian gift for Heather, I visited Toronto's Distillery District last Sunday to do some shopping at Distill Gallery. The charming shop features the work of Canadian designers and artists.


My favourite pieces were the super cute cocktail napkins, designed and screen printed by local Toronto designer Avril Loreti. Apparently I'm not the only one impressed by Avril's designs, since her cocktail napkins and handkerchiefs have appeared in several magazines such as Toronto Life, Real Simple, House Beautiful and Martha Stewart Living. Avril's designs are available at several stores in Toronto, but she also operates an Etsy shop where you can purchase her items online.

Toronto Buildings Cocktail Napkins
$26.00 (Set of 4)
I purchased these as a gift for Heather!!


Designer Chairs Cocktail Napkins
$52.00 (Set of 8)


Mustache Handkerchief
$16.00


I Heart Birkin Tote
$25.00


It's always a pleasure to purchase items made close to home, and it doesn't get much closer than this!! Avril lives right here in Toronto with her boyfriend Frank and cat Nico.

Photos courtesy of www.avrilloreti.com

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been to Distillery in a while, this makes me wanna go there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the lovely gifts! Hope you had a very inspiring trip!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)