Saturday, February 7, 2009

Getting Things Done Today!!

I managed to accomplish everything I set out to do today, and more!! Of course, leaving the house can be an expensive endeavour, so I can't go out again for about a month.

Flowers, Check!
Thanks to Kay & Young Florist, 136 Avenue Road @ Davenport, they have a great selection of both fresh cut and potted flowers. And thanks to Eddie Ross for the inspiration and expertise! I think my arrangement looks good for a first try:


Fabric, Check!
At MacFab, I selected three Michael Miller fabrics, two of which were designed by Sandi Henderson. I followed the simple instructions in my new book, Bend the Rules Sewing, to whip up this cute little zippered pouch. A special thank you to the late, great Mabel Graham (my grandmother) for providing the Singer sewing machine:


Vintage Items I Just Couldn't Resist, Check!
I found some super cool stuff at Red Indian Art Deco at 536 Queen Street West. Unfortunately, they're closing the shop this May and moving to Sauble Beach, but until then everything's on sale here in Toronto!! Look what I found:


What a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)