Thursday, February 19, 2009

Design Details: Table Lamps

It's known as the domino effect, a chain reaction of events set off by one initial incident. In terms of interiors, the addition of one new item into the mix can lead to an entire room being rearranged. For me, this time it was the addition of the compote dish full of marbles. I put the tray with marbles and candlesticks on top of the bookcase, which meant I needed to restyle the entire unit. Here's how it turned out:

The domino effect meant that my bedside table capiz shell lamp was pulled into the living room, leaving the bedroom in semi-darkness. Now I have to go shopping for new lamps!!

I wanted this tall cream lamp from West Elm, but they're out of stock here in the Toronto store. BOO!! ($149 large rectangular, $99 small square):


These lamps are available from Pottery Barn (they have an excellent selection):


Alexis Lamps $105 USD


Alabaster Lamp $229 USD

Also offering a good assortment of table lamps, Crate & Barrel:


Haley $219 USD


Cleo $279 USD

Trudie $219 USD

Here are a couple rectangular base lamps from Pier 1 Imports:


Mirrored $99 USD


Capiz Shell $29.98 USD (Clearance!)

Lamps can be a way to have fun with decor. These are designed by Jonathan Adler:


Giraffe $395 USD


Horse $495 USD


Nelson $395 USD

These lamps from Urban Outfitters are fun AND affordable:


Birds $42 USD

The Eiffel Tower $29.99 USD (Clearance!)

The bedroom accent wall behind the bed is finally being wallpapered this Friday, so stay tuned to see what ends up on my bedside tables. Pics will be available upon completion of the project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, plus it lets me know that you're reading!! Leave your message here :-)